Postal lies in an idyllic and sunny place, at 270 metres above sea level, in the midst of greenery at the foot of the "Tschöggelberg" mountain and on the edge of a nature reserve.
Discover and explore Postal:
- Holy - Cross - Church (can be visited during the day).
- Biotope Postal
- Winery "Moarhof" - tours and tastings take place
- "Graf Volkmar" Path
Find out more about Postal and its history at the following link:
Our farm is situated in a quiet location on the outskirts of the village (400 m from the centre) and is a good starting point for hikes and bike tours; because the longest bike network in South Tyrol and the train station are near us.
Excursion destinations in the Merano region:
- "Graf - Volkmar" Path is a popular hiking trail above Postal that crosses a fitness trail.
- Cycling tours: directly from the Gruberhof, along the cycle path to Bolzano, Merano or Malles.
- Hiker's paradise "Tschögglberg": Is a high plateau above Postal and easily accessible with the "Verano - Postal" cable car or for enthusiastic hikers via the "Sunnseitnsteig".
- "Knottenkino": The most original cinema in South Tyrol with a unique view of the entire "Etschtal" valley, the "Ultner" mountains and the "Ortler" massif.
- Apple Museum: Learn interesting facts about the largest continuous fruit-growing area in Europe, South Tyrol.
- Raffeiner's Orchid World: Be enchanted by the colourful variety of orchids in Raffeiner's Orchid World, Gargazzone.
- The Gardens of Trautmannsdorf Castle: Experience over 80 garden landscapes and a wide variety of plants from all over the world.
- Tyrol Castle: Immerse yourself in the history of Tyrol and enjoy the view over the Merano region!
- Archaeology Museum/Ötzi Museum: Marvel at the South Tyrolean Archaeology Museum in Bolzano, Ötzi "The Iceman". He is one of the most famous and important mummies in the world.
- MMM - Messner Mountain Museums: The six Messner Mountain Museums (Corones, Firmian, Dolomites, Juval, Ripa, Ortles) bear witness to meeting places with the mountain and the mountain people.
- "Churburg" in Sluderno: Discover the largest private armoury in Europe (more than 50 complete suits of armour).
- Merano Thermal Baths: Pure relaxation! Let yourself be pampered with a massage, sweat in one of the many saunas or take a swim.
- "Kränzelhof" Labyrinth Garden
- Summer toboggan run Meran 2000
- Railway world Rabland
- Golfing on the Brandis golf course in Lana
For a cooling down:
- Public outdoor swimming pool of Lana (600 metres away from the Gruberhof)
- Public natural swimming pond of Gargazzone (reachable by train in 10 minutes)
- Lake Caldaro (30 minutes away by car)
- Large and small "Montigglersee" (can be reached by car in 25-30 minutes)
Our Capital City Bolzano
Our provincial capital city Bolzano is also worth a visit all year round. There are interesting museums, such as the famous "Ötzi" Museum. Numerous castles (e.g. Runkelstein Castle, Sigmundskron Castle) offer an alternative in bad weather.
In spring, our apple trees are in blossom and you can see a wonderful white landscape. Also hiking trails are wonderful for soaking up the sun and enjoying spring to the fullest, in all its splendour. The „Haflinger horse racing“ at the Merano racecourse on Easter Monday is the start of the „Merano Spring“.
The town of Merano with its beautiful promenades, such as the „Sissiweg“ and the „Tappeinerweg“, is also worth a visit. In addition to this the city centre, the botanical garden of Trautmannsdorf Castle (voted the most beautiful garden in Italy in 2006) invites you to marvel, admire and relax. The town of Merano, as well as the botanical garden can be reached from the Gruberhof in a short time (10-15 minutes), by car and also by public transport, bus and train.
Summer in South Tyrol is a paradise for hikers, mountain bikers and motorbike fans, who are all welcome to explore the beauty of our land in the Merano region.
The „Textelgruppe“, the „Tschöggelberg“, the „Vigiljoch“, „Meran 2000“, the rustic „Ultental“ and „Schnalstal“ - all these hiking areas can be reached from the Gruberhof in a short time and become an unforgettable experience.
The best conditions for exploring Merano by bike are offered by our cycle paths.
After a long hike or bike tour, the nearby swimming pools and lakes invite you to cool down and relax.
The golden autumn in the Merano region is a blaze of colour and invites you to hike through the beautiful mountain landscape.
In autumn, the wine taverns open their doors and invite you to the traditional „Törggelen“. You can't miss the fragrant chestnuts, the doughnuts and the „Suser“. A great way to end the summer season is the grape festival in Merano (on the 3rd weekend in October), the chestnut days "Keschtnriggel" in Lana or the Merano WineFestival.
The mild climate in the Merano region has already led Empress Sissi to Merano for a cure.
The nearby skiing areas, such as „Meran 2000, Schnalstal, Pfelders or the Schwemmalm in the Ulten Valley“ entice you with lots of winter fun and skiing, such as cross-country skiing, tobogganing, snowshoe hiking, skiing and snowboarding. After the fun on the slopes, or just to relax, the thermal baths of Merano invite you.
A winter highlight are the South Tyrolean Christmas markets, which invite you to browse and feast on regional handcrafts and South Tyrolean quality products.